Anything I should know when forcing non-personality?

For any and all general discussion about tulpae!
xxxwwwxxx

Anything I should know when forcing non-personality?

Postby xxxwwwxxx Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 pm

I am not sure what to call it. But I am forcing a tulpa with no pre-determined personality. I have never successfully forced a tulpa before, and this is the first time I've kept the effort on for as long as I have with this one. I've forced her, both passively and actively for the past week now, so she is still somewhat of a baby. She is based off of in appearance, when I get her to the point where I feel she is ready to be imposed, and named after a background pony from the show called Cherry Berry. I decided that it would be interesting for me to start with a tulpa that doesn't have a personality like a character from the show (I don't think I'd like to share a mindscape with any of the main six except for maybe Applejack anyway), seeing as this is a pony with only a few speaking roles in the whole show concentrated in season 2, until I give her any imposition or visualization only her voice and name bare any qualities with the pony in the show. In fact most only seem to recognize her as that one pony with the aviator helmet and goggles. Anyways, I'm getting a bit sidetracked. I am forcing her without any kind of personality and I am curious of what this may lead to for her. I remember reading that without a planned personality she will simply just become whatever I subconsciously desire. I also read that tulpas deviate from their planned personalities and gradually grow into this state as well, so I figured just letting her be whatever she turns out to be is probably the best option. Any suggestions for how I should approach forcing her this way before she is able to explicitly communicate with me? And, has your tulpa, if they have a pre-defined personality, already begun deviating? In which ways do you notice them change, if in any way?
Positivity
Site Admin

Re: Anything I should know when forcing non-personality?

Postby Positivity Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Focus on a few core traits you want your tulpa to have, and allow the tulpa to organically grow into them. For example, do you want your tulpa to be brave? Quick-thinker? Quiet? Think of these traits and focus on them, and after the tulpa can "push back" as t'were, let it guide its own creation.
xxxwwwxxx

Re: Anything I should know when forcing non-personality?

Postby xxxwwwxxx Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Seems like a good idea, I will try that while forcing today. Thanks.

Return to “Tulpa Discussion”